It’s been a few days since we’ve checked in with all of you. We want you to know that we are doing everything we can to navigate through these uncertain and unprecedented times. The safety and health of all of you is our top priority. We have taken measures to keep our staff safe, to keep all of you safe, and to ensure that our progress keeps moving forward even though it may look a little different now.
We are working together via phone and electronically to do the best we can to ensure that 2020 is a successful year for Democrats. In order to be successful, we have to be safe. Working with the DNC, we have rescheduled our County Conventions under the advisement of national and local leaders and health officials. We are trying to make it as simple as possible for Democrats to vote in the Primary Election since now ALL WEST VIRGINIANS are able to request an Absentee Ballot. We will continue working to provide information and help to all of our committees, partners, and voters.
Any information that we provide to you, please share with your fellow Democrats and friends.
1. Working with the DNC, we have made the decision to postpone and reschedule our County Conventions. County Conventions were originally scheduled for this Saturday, March 28th but now will be held on Saturday, May 16th. We will get more information out to you (such as adjusted deadlines) as it becomes available.
Below is our Press Release Announcement:
2. Absentee Voting:
Every West Virginian can now request an Absentee Ballot because of COVID-19.
It’s important that you request an Absentee Ballot! It’s also important that you check the right box and follow the instructions.
1. Go to GoVoteWV.com ➡️ Absentee Voting ➡️ Absentee Ballot Application
2. Print it off and fill it out.
3. Make sure you ✅ the box that says “Illness, injury or other medical reason which keeps me confined.”
4. Mail it to your County Clerk you can find here: https://sos.wv.gov/
Troubleshooting*** If you do not have access to a printer or have other trouble getting the ballot request form or mailing it in please contact your County Clerk from the list in the above link ⬆️⬆️⬆️!!
3. COVID-19 Resources
WV DHHR Website: Click here for WV DHHR’s latest updates to reported COVID-19 cases
Senator Joe Manchin III’s Office has provided critical information on their website linked below:
Senator Joe Manchin III’s COVID-19 Informational page: manchin.senate.gov/
We cannot stress enough to everyone to please take this seriously. Stay home to protect your loved ones and neighbors. We will keep updating you as much as we can.