APRIL 27 – MAY 7, 2022
Early Voting in Person – Any registered voter may vote an early ballot at the county courthouse, an annex, or a designated community voting location during normal business hours. Early voting must be conducted between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on the last 2 Saturdays before the Primary Election.
Find early voting locations in your county here: https://bit.ly/3OPK8ho
- Request your absentee ballot here: ➡️ https://bit.ly/Absentee4WV.
- Download the application, complete, and return it to your County Clerk to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you.
- Applications must be submitted to your county clerk via fax, U.S. Mail, email, or in-person by hand delivery.
- List of County Clerk offices here: https://sos.wv.gov/elections/Pages/CountyClerkDirectory.aspx
- If you feel that you are being denied your right to vote, contact WVDP voter protection hotline for help: [email protected]
- If you have trouble using the portal please contact the Secretary of State’s office at (304) 558-6000.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
January 1 – May 4, 2022 – Absentee Application Period – Eligible Absentee Voters can send an absentee ballot application to their County Clerk in person, by mail, or electronically. Military or Overseas Voters may request an absentee ballot.
April 19, 2022 – Voter Registration Deadline
April 27 – May 7, 2022 – Early Voting in Person – Voter may vote an early ballot at the county courthouse, an annex or a designated community voting location during normal business hours. Early voting must be conducted between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on the last 2 Saturdays before the Primary Election.
May 3 – Noon, May 10, 2022 – Receive Requests for Emergency Absentee Ballot – This falls under the below circumstances:
- Voter in the hospital on Election Day
- Replacement poll worker appointed after the period for Early Voting
- Voter in licensed health care facilities within an adjacent county or within 35 miles of the county seat (county policy required)
- Voter in nursing home within the county if he or she has resided there for a period of less than 30 days (county policy required)
- Voter becomes confined, on or after the seventh day
May 4, 2022 – Deadline for Absentee Ballot Applications
May 7, 2022 – Deadline for Early Voting in Person
May 9, 2022 – Deadline for Hand-Deliver Absentee Ballot to the Clerk’s Office
May 10, 2022 – ELECTION DAY
May 10, 2022 – Absentee Ballots Received Electronically From Eligible Voters Accepted – Absentee ballots submitted electronically by eligible military and overseas voters and eligible voters with physical disabilities are accepted by close of polls.
May 11, 2022 – Absentee Ballots without Postmark Accepted
May 16, 2022 – Absentee Ballots Postmarked by Election Day Accepted
⚠️VOTER RESOURCES ⚠️
- If you have any questions at all, it is important that you contact your County Clerk or the Secretary Of State’s Office at (304) 558-6000.